BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Kargil 10 years,is it really slowing down?,vga cables a problem on the backside,big bands sad breakups

Hi


Well it has been a very good week for me.My tests went on well and I finally ended up finishing what I was really planning to do over the last couple of months by a VGA cable to help enable me to watch movies on tv from the laptop.It has also been a week where thanks to the media it was a walk down memory lane where I reflected my thoughts on Kargil and old classic bands.Oh!those good times

In today's post I shall be talking about Kargil and how thanks to the media(for once their right) we still remember them,Is the slump of the economy slowing down,how finding the right VGA cable was a real pain on the back side and finally a look back at some of the greatest bands and a feeling of disappointment for me as they have broken up....

'Kargil was something that inspired many Indians to join the army'-Yogendra Singh Yadav-Param vir chakra awardee.

Ten years on it still inspires true patriots to join the army and help protect their country.I was a little too small (about 5 yrs) to understand what was actually happening all I sensed was that there was tension as my dad used to put on the television and there used t be some red flashing lines and some explosions.But I did see the documentary on the tele this year and realised what a real display of might will and patriotism by the Indian army.What happened in the beginning when many regions such as tiger hill were captured by the Pakistanis killing more than 200 soldiers made the whole country drop their jaws and some burn in rage.It took absolute will determination and planning to drive them out.People such as Captain Vikram Batra who died in the very end of the war are really the true heroes of our country."we will See who is on top of the hill" he told his enemy commander in a radio conversation and he risked his own life for another soldier stating that he had children and a wife and asked him to get back.A truly noble soul who in many years will continue to be an inspiration for others.But I was absolutely levied that neither the prime minister nor the president (chief of the army) made it to the memorial site.Lets just hope the we never forget their sacrifice
People like Vikram Batra are truly what Indians represent 'assertive and caring'.JAI HIND

Next I would like to move on to a topic that is kind of instilling hope into everyone present in the Worlds largest economy.Recent figures show that the rate of decline of profits this quarter has slowed down.Even though the companies didn't make profits they made more than what they expected.The housing sector for the first time in a really long time is looking healthy with prices starting to steady a little bit.But one thing I have to point out is the 14 billion $ profits made by Goldman Sachs ,incredible that's about 110 million dollars per employee.But the one thing that makes me apprehensive is that they are returning back the money to the US govt.They are continuing the risky dirty practises that led to the cause of the slump.But all round I think its safe to say the worst may have just passed.Lets just hope its right.

Next I would like to talk on how absolutely no website provided me the right information on what was the right vga cable to buy so as to enable me to see a movie on my tv that I had downloaded from the laptop.After six visits to the hardware ship I finally ended up getting the right cable and the audio cable

these are the combinations possible
1.the best one is to have HDMI cable on both the sides.This enables you to both see the video and audio on the tv.
2.if you don't have a HDMI port then you can buy a 15 pin VGA cable for the video and then you can buy a 3.5 mm jack acellory port for the audio.
3.you can also have a 15 plug vga cable and have component output if you don't have a 15 pin plug on your tv .for the audio you can by an audio cable also having component audio
4.finally you can s video connecting your tv and laptop and have the same two audio components.

I would like to end this weeks post with a feeling of sadness that bands that performed truly amazing songs have broken up during their peak.I was just listing this week to a few songs by the Beatles and I was amazed to hear the kind of music that they made.Later I heard a few songs by the ABBA.I had heard that these bands had broken up.I felt so bad that bands like what I mentioned above had to break up when they were creating amazing music.Just imagining what kind of music they would have produced if they were still alive is way beyond imagination.I don't seem to get the cause maybe starting solo career but they didn't come close to what they did when were together as a band.The Beatles are gone so that's a miss but I like many hope that ABBA maybe reunite and for one last time perform....

Well that's it for this weeks post

Will be back next week

Till then
Take care
Shravan Karthik

0 comments: