BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Champions League,shoes the new snipers,CBI inclined??,dirty elections,Italy Earthquake,Dad was right

Hey,It has been a phenomenal four days for me.I had a chance to visit my cousins aunt and uncle.They initially planned to go to Maldives, however the trip had to be cancelled as while filling the immigration they realised that my cousins passport had expired.Now that is one dramatic ending............


Next it has been a great week for all Chelsea FC fans as we won at Anfield.

In today's post I shall be talking about a round up of the champions league,how throwing a shoe at a famous personality is one heck of a tactic to shoot you to fame,the recently concluded CBI investigation giving Jagdish Tytler a clean chit,the vast difference in the elections in the worlds largest economy and the worlds largest democracy,the Earthquake that struck a small quiet town in Italy and finally how i thought my dad was wrong about Obama but suddenly he seems to be right............

I shall start of with the Champions League
Well even I who expects the impossible from Chelsea could not believe the fact that we beat the knights of Europe in front of the Kopites(Liverpool fans ) at Anfiled.When Fernando Torres scored Liverpool's goal in the sixth minute I was telling myself that even a draw would do....
But the response from our('our' because I'm very much involved with the team)  team was a response I had not seen from my club ever since Jose Mourinho left indeed he was the 'special one'.Chelsea piled the pressure on the European giants and eventually it paid off , Branislav Ivanovic scored the equaliser and then on the 59th minute the Serbian defender put Chelsea ahead.The Serbian whose place in the club was always a doubt scored his first two goals for the club.Then Didier Drogba (the king) put the result beyond doubt with an exquisite finish.Liverpool should now win 3-0 something no club has done for the last 15 years.....

Next i shall talk about the latest weapon launched by Munthadhar Al -Zaidi (the man who threw the shoe on George Bush) has now got two customers,Jarnail Singh and the man who threw the shoe at Wen Jiabao. It really is strange on how not even one man has really hit the target. Hit the target or not two of the three people in who threw the shoe have auctioned millions for the shoe and even rewarded the families of the shoe throwers.

The shoe throwing leads me to my next topic, the reason why the Sikh journalist threw the shoe at the finance minister of India. The CBI had given Jagdish Tytler a clean chit (for the anti Sikh riots) just in time for him to contest for the general elections this year.This really shows that there is a violation in the constitution of India,the Judiciary of India no longer seems to be independent,any common man can tell that this verdict was a forced one and that the government had a big role to play in it.

Next I would like to talk on the vast difference in class in the American elections and the Indian elections.Its been an great thing that both these elections have been so close to each other that I could clearly understand the concepts of the elections of both the counties(unique in its respective ways)...
One thing is for sure even though these two countries are true democratic countries they are truly two end's of the spectrum.
Well the campaigning for the US elections was all so smooth.they are very organised and the fac is that they don't try to woo the voters with the filthiest thing around money.....The two candidates debate out the burning issues and ultimately the candidate is elected by the people and in this case the people are well informed and the fact is that they no who can solve their problems.In India its a different story all together.Varun Gandhi,Mayavathi,Stalin are just a few names of the dirties politicians around.There are a lot of political parties and there is absolutely no choice(each one seems worse than the other).When this year there was a debate asked by L.K Advani the P.M refused it an act of cowardice in my opinion.The no of political parties have to decrease to prevent a tie up and a coalition which in turn leads to faster decision making.(for eg. the nuclear deal with US. I think every remembers the complications).hence we have a long way ahead to make sure that the political system is set right and we can make a start it by making sure deserving people are picked,who can take up responsibility.....

I would like to express my solidarity for the people who lost their life in the Italian earthquake.An earthquake of magnitude 6.3 hit the small town of L'Aquila.More than 280 people were feared to be dead and the no it seems is going to rise.My thoughts are with those who lost their lives and my prayers are for the survivors to get back up on their feet as quickly as possible and more importantly for those people who lost their lives may their souls Rest in peace.

Finally I would like to end this post with wan example to justify the proverb 'dad's are always right'.Well five months ago when my dad said 'Obama is not the guy for America.He is not the one who can solve their problems'.Five months ago I thought my dad was totally wrong I heard his speech when he accepted the nomination for presidency.I thought man this guy is surely the Roosevelt of the 21st century.But in the recent weeks i think 'it was all talk and no action' Wall Street has crumbled, Afghanistan...everything seems to be going disastrous.The economist edition for the first week of April talks on how the man who said 'change has finally come' is really finding it a mountain to climb.It's titled 'Learning the hard way' and I would suggest you to read it and I am sure you would agree with me.I know its early and all but like they say 'first impression is the best one' and Obama hasn't got the best first impression.His plan to literally kill outsourcing in my view is sure going to cost America a large price......

Well that's it for this weeks post
Until next week ....

Take care
Shravan Karthik


0 comments: